Monday, February 20, 2006




















GE Man, our Olympic Snowman made by the crew

My turn.

Yesterday's event was the Men's 4X10km Relay. It is the "Superbowl" of cross country. It was still boring but we covered it. Unfortunately we had major storms in the area and many competitions were postponed including Men's Super G. This meant the prime time show was scrambling for programming and we were it. So the Production team planned out a 6 segment show with about 42 minutes of programming. Got the call from the Coordinating Producer that this was unnecessary and that to cut it back to 5 segments and keep it around 32 minutes of programming. So, we did our competition, got 5 segments together, and started to feed back to Torino. Well, in the middle of the feed, we got the call to maybe make it 6 segments and make it 35 minutes. So, we fed the show, re-cut the segments and it only took 4 hours to add 2 1/2 minutes to the segments we fed. The crew finally got out of here at 12:30a with a 15 hour day behind them.

People ask me why I take the smaller, un-important venues. My answer is "it pays the same". I don't need the glory (let Brian have that). I don't need the Olympic Challenge (same...give it to Brian). I just want to work the show, package it, and go home. To do some segments for prime time is a monumental pain in the rear. Don't need the glory, thanks.

We have a day off today and Brian has gone skiing. And Rosemary is in Florence. I think I will sleep today.

ciao
david

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home