Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WEG Day #3

Well, as promised, I couldn't do anything with the Blog due to the fact that since getting here, I have been tied up with meeting after meeting. My life is a meeting for this event. I obviously want to take time to describe what is happening in the next few weeks but this time has been truly tied up with helping this event to happen and they look to us to help them with what we have all done over the years. So the meetings, and more meetings, and more meetings. And now, becuase we have moved in to our new operation trailers, the WEG people come to our trailer to hang out. Plus the leather couches we have don't hurt the image. Yes, we have leather couches, real offices chairs, and a refrigerator stocked with water, drinks, and snacks. We are real popular. One of the WEG people said in amazement, "gee, I wish we had this". Hmmmmmmmmm

Yes, there is a lot we need to talk about. The event, the Park, the work, the accomodations, and the attitude. But not tonight.

I want to talk about the bird. Yes, the bird. I was sitting in my trailer finally able to settle down and do some work. No distractions, no one to ask questions, no meetings, and I can finally settle down and do some work and planning. Until one of the WEG people ran in and said there was a bird on my Porsche. Not looking at him, I said go tell the bird not to poop on my car. He said, no, you have to come see this bird. Sighing, I get up, trudge out to me car and this is what I see.











So, obviously it is a baby bird and obviously fell out of the nest and on my car. What to do. I finally get another person, we coax the baby on to a stick and put the stick in the tree. Except the bird had other ideas and wanted to stay on my car. So every time we move the stick, the bird keeps jumping back on my car. At least he has taste in good cars. So, after several attempts, we did get him in the tree and he hopped his way back up to home.

After this, I fled back to the hotel, giving up doing any worthwhile work for the rest of the day.

From the Kentucky Horse Park

david

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Diane said...

The bird reminds me of Tyler - he wasn't going to give up until you let him drive it!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home