Friday, March 09, 2007

Day 12, Mid-Day

We're into our fourth show. More people are ready to strike, as the time comes. We get off the show at 3:30pm, pull Argus up, connect the NR-1 into tow-mode, pick up some scientists, and head back to port.

An interesting story that happened today, is that I now have the only NR-1 hat on board ship (unless you're a Navy officer). One of the collectables scientists/engineers wish to collect are the hats and shirts you can get on board specific ships. It's more a show of the different places you've been. The first thing we were all told was that there were NO NR-1 hats for sale. Well, that didn't stop me. Before we left port, I noticed one of the Navy officers smoked cigars. So, I went to a cigar store and bought some very nice cigars. After we left port, I walked up to him and said, "I noticed you smoked cigars, how about one of these?" And I gave him one. Later, he mentioned he liked the cigar, and I said I might have more. Needless to say, I have an NR-1 hat, and everyone else is very envious.

Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home