Monday, October 04, 2010

From Rosemary Oct 4th

Hello again - let's see = left off with my good news and bad news msgs. Went to that Freestyle dressage, - had a great seat. Watched the first one....thought, how do people watch this for 4 hours?! Horse people were very excited so that was good! I watched the first 5, then left to go back to the trailer. In Bed at 9pm, up at 3am on Friday. Did ok. 2 other runners, who are 20 yr old college students who are studying media and are BFFs and I got 3 golf carts and headed to the wooden bridge, where we pick up the Broadcasters. There were 2 other runners and our boss, Jack, on the other side of the bridge, which is closer to where people park. It was SO cold. So, just about everyone opted to take the vans, naturally. I think in the first 2 hours, we only took 2 people total. The girls had blankets on their legs. I stopped at the trailer and got a sleeping bag. The 3 of us huddled on one seat and one of the girls read to us. So sweet. We were sent back around 6ish I think to get warmed up a bit. Back out - Later, the other 2 girls were sent to take cameramen to their posts on the cross country field. I called Jack at 7:30AM and he said we had to be out there till at least 8:15am. After a few mins, I started to tear up from being so cold so I called him and he traded with me, so I could warm up. Awww. He laughed because I was wearing a turtleneck, 2 sweatshirts and 2 jackets (spring/fall weight)..and of course a hat and gloves. I'm sure once he was driving the cart for awhile he realized why I was so layered. As it gets later in the days, I take off layers and have to transfers those things to different vehicles or David's office. Unfortunatlely, during this process, I sometimes loose things...such as my hat and gloves....sigh.... The rest of the morning was crazy and frustrating. Can't remember what time I went home. Back in for 7am on Sunday - left at 11. Watched the show on this event on NBC, which I really liked. Didn't have to come back in. David, Brian and I went out to dinner. Saw alot of people from here, there. Always nice to see people you work with, outside of the "office". Brian has a sty in one eye - we stopped and picked up some creme for it. Went to Walmart to buy a new knit hat and gloves. The knit hats must have been for kids and way too small for me. Got what Brian called a "TOOK" (SP?) = hat with flaps to go over the ears. In at 7am today. Was dressed for driving a cart but luckily got put in a van, so took off several layers of clothing but kept on my new hat. LOVE it. David stopped me after I was done and said it's the ugliest thing I've ever worn. Meant to say as was leaving for the morning shuttle, Brian said he needed me to take him to the ER when I was done. I suggested he go to the medical tent in the park - David took him there. He needs to see an eye Dr - he has an appt at 1:30 so I'll take him to that. Guess that's it for now. 6 days and counting! At least till the end of the games. I will probably work 1 or 2 days after to help strike. Take care! Rosemary

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Diane said...

"TOOK" = toque. It's a Canadian word for "hat with ear flaps and strings". Uncle Bill gave Steph and Cam hats like that for Christmas 2 years ago, tell Dad all the cool snowboarders wear them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home