Monday, September 27, 2010

Rosemary's Day 9

Hello - forgot to mention before my first day here, which is when I arrived a week ago Sunday - at night. Lexington airport is nice and small and easy. David picked me up,we went to a chinese buffet that wasn't very good and then to the campground. Then he took me for a tour of the Horse park and where events would be taking place which was great as I need to go to some of those places or direct people to them starting the next day. It was a beautiful night. David pointed out that the sunsets here are amazing....and they are!

I've learned to carry my sunclips with me when I shuttle people as when I start out it's dark but then the sun starts to rise and it's really bright, as well as beautiful. At night, part way through shuttling people back to the parking lot, the gorgeous sunset starts. I carry my camera sometimes and take shots while on my shuttling routes. The places we pick up and drop off have changed about 3x since I've been here...due to changes in where security will let us come in and out of. Everyone I've dealt with in security and parking have been great. Often I will say goodnight to them at 11pm and then see them again whenever I start up the next morning as they have worked ALL night - phew! I tell you, as I mentioned in last night's blog, I only felt bad for myself for a few seconds as I have it so much easier than almost everyone else who has other jobs.

I am really glad I am doing this - I think it's good for me as I kind of "hole up" in our house for days and days on end...if I don't have a good enough reason to go out, I don't go out. I haven't had headaches or neckaches since I've been here - probably because I haven't been on the computer until last night.
I was so pleased I didn't get sunburned with all those days of being in and out of the 90-96 degree days.... the heat here was dry, thank goodness. I'm sure many of us would have passed out if it had been humid. I started a headache my 2nd day but I think it was due to just starting working again, the heat,and me starting to wear my straw hat. My red hair and straw hat make me very noticeable for others from a distance. the security can see me coming! :-)
I am kind of proud of myself for getting through this = getting up earlier each day, getting more organized each day, etc. Jack and Jackie (my bosses I mentioned last night) have been so fantastic to me in sending me home in between some shifts, etc.

As I told you yesterday,I was first told to be ready to shuttle today at 5am then was told I had the day off. At 4:20 this morning, a runner called me to ask when I was going to meet him in the parking lot - oops, no one told him I have today off... then Jack called as he wasn't told I had today off and he said I was the only one who opened the cart barn in the morning (although I know others have... I think he's always thought it was me). I said I'd go up and unlock the barn doors (they have combo locks and he doesn't know the combos). David got right up and said he was going instead...what a sweetie! After he came back, we slept awhile longer than he got up for work - I got up with him and stayed up for awhile after he left. I went back to bed - David called me later and it was 11:15!! I was still tired so set the alarm for 12:30 - got up and just took my time. It's a rainy day so I didn't feel like going to check out the parts of the park I haven't had time to see yet and I don't have a laptop when Brian is working. David leaves his at his office - that is where I am now. Satellite tv was sketchy due to the rain but I did get to see a few shows. Also reorganized some things in trailer. Am sleeping well in the small bed,although sometimes whack and arm or leg on the cabinets that are right next to it.

There is one road that the park buildings, etc are on - it's wide enough for 2 golf carts side by side or 1 car or 1 truck. ..now we've got people walking or running or bicycling on the same road. Some people driving carts blow thru stop signs. I've heard that at least one person was hit in the road.

All for now... David and Brian might get out soon! I suggested we 3 go out to eat. Oh, we do get 3 meals a day here - very good food and lots of it.. plus they leave out drinks and snacks all day long that we can access. Take care. Rosemary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home