Wednesday, September 15, 2010

WEG Day #30

I still can't believe I have been here 30 days but I checked and it is true. We are getting closer to Opening Ceremonies (10 days) and it will be quickly thru. My one challenge is to keep everyone focused on the games and to make sure they all do their jobs. And stay happy.

In the mean time....I am dealing with an issue of most annoyance.....no gas for our Gators. Remember my issues with Gators? Let's add a new one....no gas! Yes, they have gas in the Park for golf carts and Gators but the problem is the building and electical inspectors shut down the pumps because they are out of compliance and could blow up. I am good with shutting them down but I have had to go rescue Brian twice as he keeps RUNNING OUT OF GAS!

The last thing is Brian gave me a panic phone call that there were people setting up cameras and uplinks by our NBC set. He was very concerned as he had no idea what was going on. What was happening was that there was a press conference and the were hoping to use our set to do the conference on. I had no issues as it was a one shot thing. So I agreed to allow this and come to find out that there will be a special guest of honor at the Opening Ceremonies and the announcement of who it was was allowed. Mohammed Ali.

You, dear readers, now have insider information.

From the Horse Park
david

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home