Wednesday, September 01, 2010

WEG Day #16

There are days not worth getting out of bed.

Our compound is finally coming together with our trailers, power, and catering tent. We have 13 trailers and they are almost all set. Or maybe

International groups



Edit Suites and vendors trailer



Rest of compound



Power farm



Well, we were doing so well when the stuff hit the fan all at once. WLEX-TV came to see me about their morning news set and where it goes. At the same time the lighting company wanted to see the NBC set and the other areas we want lit. At the same time the furniture people showed up with some crappy furniture that I told them I didn't want. At the same time the office trailer people showed up to say we illegally parked a trailer in the wrong spot and the building inspector wanted them moved. And last, at the same time I had our CATV guy (off air for all monitors in the Park) showed up with very rude comments and telling me where he would set up. Well, old Larry the Cable Guy (yes, that is what they call him) made a huge mistake that day and let's just say that he was fixed first and yes, I put him where I wanted him to go. The lighting guy was the fastest trip thru the park you ever saw. The furniture people I turned over to the Production Manager and said, "make this go away". She didn't but how can you expect someone to work 3 weeks on a card table (yes, I will get pictures later) and a metal chair. That won't happen. But we are getting them back this morning. Then the trailer issue. As of this morning at 7:30a, we still don't know if we have to move the trailers or not. There is suppose to be a 20 foot barrier around the tent it is parked to. No one told me that and I parked it very close. Too close. Now they want it moved.


Oops? Where is the 20 foot no fly zone

So, I went back to my hotel, got out the leftover chicken from our barbecue, made a sandwich and watched TV. At 3:00a this morning I was violently sick as I think I got food poisoning. Writing this, I am still shaking.

Should never have gotten out of bed.

from the Horse Park
david

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home