Tuesday, August 24, 2010

WEG Day #9

We are now settling in to our new compound and getting ready for the office trailers to come in. The TV trucks won't be in until Sept. 19 and that will be an interesting adventure in itself. I haven't shown all of the park yet and will but today would like to concentrate on the TV compound.

In Torino, if you remember, I had a small portion of the TV compound for NBC. This time, as Host Broadcaster, I have all of the TV compound and am responsible for its layout and location.





I am not sure how the drawing looks but there are going to be 6 TV trucks, 3 satelitte trucks, 4 offices trailers of various size for operation, and 9 small trailers for use by the Broadcasters coming in from all over the world. As you can see, it is a little compact. And they keep trying to add more trailers and TV trucks in to my compound. Another thing about this compound is its location which is centrally located within the park. SO, it has been used as a dump, parking lot, storage area, and just a nice place to hang out. These are the issues today as I have trailers #2 and #3 coming in and everyone parks here; or dumps there "stuff " here.


Notice all of the workers' cars and tools


Notice all of the pallets of temporary flooring that aren't mine


And notice the truck that has been parked here for the last nine days and I haven't a clue as to who owns it.

One thing that is in the compound with my office trailer is our power for the event. These are 4 500KW generators that will give us power for all of the games. Yes, we need this much and they will be running in tandem, redundant for the extent of the games. I can power a small town with these babies. And if you can see the dark gray box in the back, that is a 2,300 gallon tank that will be feeding the generators. We will need re-fueling every two days.




So, Dear Readers, I am off to chase more people out of our compound and make ready for my office trailers. AND finally tomorrow, we are getting some more people in here to help; Rosemary's boss and a production manager.

From the Kentucky Horse Park
david

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home