Monday, August 23, 2010

WEG Day #8

Yes, Yes, I know that I haven't posted anything for awhile but the last three days have been very busy with meetings and late paperwork. Not saying we are behind but both Jim Carr, the executive producer, and I have been tortured with other projects non-WEG. This has given me the opportunity to really catch up and be more productive regarding the technical side of the broadcast for WEG.

I am not going to venture in the world of organization quite yet. The WEG people are scrambling now to get things organized. We have had our requests in for over 6 months and they are just now dealing with them. Again, more on this later.

The Kentucky Horse Park is a beautiful facility that is owned by the Commonwealth of Kentucky. It was originally a breeding farm and eventually donated to the Commonwealth. Probably I will have Rosemary write more about the Park when she gets here (remember, Ms Golf Cart Wrangler).


This is the view of the Main Stadium. It was built about two years ago and was replacing a ratty old building that should have been condemned years ago. They did an outstanding job of this building as it is a true showpiece. A lot of the events will be happening from this venue with Opening Ceremony, Dressage, Jumping, Eventing, and Closing Ceremonies.









More pictures later but I will leave you with a funny story. We had a very ugly pine tree within our TV compound that needed to be removed. Where this is a state park, you need legislation to get it removed. Truly. So, in one of our many meetings, I asked about the tree and there were some looks from the WEG people that there was something up. The told me to "not worry about it. It was dialed in". I am getting tired of that term "dialed in" but said okay, I will wait. Sunday morning, very early, I was in my trailer making coffee when I heard the sound of a chain saw. There were 5 people outside quickly cutting the tree down and getting rid of it. I was so excited, I ran to get my camera BUT I just locked myself out of the trailer! So much for getting excited over destroying a tree.



From Kentucky Horse Park
david

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home