Friday, August 27, 2010

WEG Day #11

Meetings, meetings, meetings. Just can't seem to get enough of them. I don't know if we have meetings to just hang together to feel good or we truly pass information on that is useful and then not so much. When Kentucky got The Games, there were a lot of high fives and a lot of happy parties (let the bourbon flow!). Then, it hit them they have to actually make this happen because, oh, in 30 days or less, there will be a lot of angry, disappointed people here. So there are currently a lot of people that are running as fast as they can to get things done. Over the weekend I will take some pictures of the early construction here and the efforts to catch up. Getting back to the meetings, I have a contractors meeting every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to review status of the park. I can tell you all you want to know about dumpster movement and seat building. What I still cannot tell you is when I get the rest of my trailers in the compound and my catering tent. Jim went to a meeting for Opening Ceremony and sat thru a discussion on whether to give the volunteers for the show a bottle of water per hour or only two bottles of water for four hours. And should we feed the volunteers or just give them a granola bar. I don't make this stuff up, folks. Actually I can't make this up because even I didn't believe for a minute. This is my life.

So, coming in to the weekend, I have my paperwork actually caught up, budgets have been locked in, rental contracts signed, and have only two more meetings today. I am in pretty good shape.

From the Horse Park

david

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home