Wednesday, August 25, 2010

WEG Day #10

So a new day and we have added Trailer #3 to the mix in the compound. We have also welcomed some new staff to our group so there are 4 of us now. Jackie Moretti is one of the Production Managers that works for NBC and is here to help us get organized. Jack Shoemaker, who will be Rosemary's boss, is here as the senior runner. Yes, we have management for our runners so he is here to boss them around. In any TV production you have to have someone in charge of "pillows and wheels" or in other words, hotel and travel. Sometimes the production manager feels they want to "help" the tech manager and this causes all sorts of issues with the technical planning. Quite frankly, I don't need the help. But I have worked with Jackie before (somewhere) and she doesn't do that. And Jack, I have worked with over the years and he is very good help. So we are now 4. Brian is the next to join us.

No other dramas and issues for today. Three people have canceled meetings with me today so I can catch up on yet more paperwork, this being fiber management (yawn). The Park has a brand new infrastructure of fiber put in exclusively for us. Then they have come back to ask if they could use some of it. Indian Givers. So I have to do a fiber count to make sure that I have enough for our broadcasts and can share with others. I don't share well so that is why I need to make sure I have enough and can let them on our network. Boring stuff but got to be done.

From the Horse Park
david

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home