Saturday, September 11, 2010

WEG Day #26

Let's try this again. EVERY TIME I TRIED TO WRITE, I GET INTERRUPTED.

We now have all things for the compound in place. And we are moving forward with getting ready for people to start on Monday. YAY!



This is most of the compound including EXECUTIVE TOILET....Rosemary will be happy!

But today, I want to share with you the "Gator Incident".

Now, a Gator is not what you think but a John Deere 4 or 6 wheel utility vehicle. Goes anywhere and can haul cameras and equipment well. I was in Sydney doing an Olympics and on set up, I asked my supervisor if they had any Gators assigned to my venue. He gave me a weird look and said, "none here, but we have crocodiles along the coast line".........Hmmmmmm, Not in Kansas anymore Toto.



This is your standard underpowered golf cart.



This is a Gator



Crappy underpowered go nowhere in a big farm golf cart



Super vehicle.

We have been asking for our Gators since we got here. Kept telling us soon, soon. Then the big day the shipment arrived. The girl (yea, I know, but she has other names that I cannot use and she doesn't deserve the title "woman") told me with this big smarmy smile I don't get mine for yet, two more days. I asked why and that smarmy smile came up and said, "oh, these are for Competition people". Useless cow! Anyway, I waited for two days and instead of getting what I asked for, I get this.......



There are 8 of them with my mini bike as part of our now "herd" of Gators. And no, I am not giving them back.

sigh

So, I am leaving you with another picture or two of our campsite and Brian putting together the grill. We watch the sunset from Brian's campsite.






From the Horse Park
david

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home