Saturday, September 25, 2010

WEG Day #40


DAMN IT, JIM!

Well it happened, we did our VoiceOver with Mr. William Shatner.

Unit #2 truck (the one I'm in charge of overseeing) was given the daunting task of preparing, and then recording, Mr. Shatner's voice for the opening sequence that will comprise the Sunday NBC show (12 - 1:30 PM EST).

After preparing the VoiceOver booth, we waited until we got the phone call: "Mr. Shatner has landed. He'll be there in 20 minutes." That's when the audio guy started to play the opening music to Star Trek, TJ Hooker, and Boston Legal. One of the other tech managers said, "So is he going to stay for awhile, or just beam in?" Har-de-har-har.

Then we got another phone call: "He's at security, he'll be there in 5 minutes."

"He's in the broadcast compound, you'll see him shortly." And a few minutes later, I got to meet Mr. William Shatner.

We showed him the clip we wanted him to VoiceOver, and gave him his script. He went into the booth, did it perfectly, except for a few lines he didn't like (which he was happy to redo), and he was done.

The producer working for NBC went out to thank him, and asked to have her picture taken with him. This was my chance! I gave my camera to the Avid editor, and stood next to Mr. Shatner. That's when he started to talk on the phone and went off to meet his wife. This is the picture I got. I PROMISE you (I have witnesses!), this is not a Photo Bomb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home