Friday, February 24, 2006

The food

I know, we have already been supplying details about the food and how wonderful and fattening it is. And it is wonderful and it is very fattening....I now weigh 450lbs. And Brian is already over 300. What I want to write about is the food preparers. Our caterers.

When I first arrived here, I met Paul, the American, and Paul, the Australian. Paul the American is our Catering Manager. He does events all over the world and had a house in Montana that he told me he has actually seen 5 times in 4 years. He finally sold it because he just was never home. In his early 40's, he just travels the world, doing these type of events. Paul the Aussie is just crazy. He is the chef, always singing, always telling "naughty stories" and loves life. I gave both Pauls a NBC pin when I first got here and I seem to have made friends for life. They have made sure my food needs as well as the crew have been taken care of. On one of our dark days, we don't have them prepare any food, just cooked to order because so few come in. I kiddingly said to Paul the Aussie "how about Eggs Benedict"? A panicked look came over his face as he asked me if I would like an omelet instead. Yes, the next dark day he supplied me with my Eggs Benedict (and the rest of the crew that did show up) with real, home made hollandaise sauce. During the rest of the dark day, with the crew gone off on "special assignment" (day off), I was doing my reports that NBC makes me do each day. My desk faces the catering tent and as I am strugglling thru each report, I notice a flash of blue go across my window.....It is Super Chef...a strange Australian creature that prowls the earth to feed those in need. Paul, the Aussie, had a blue cape and a mask and was running thru the compound with a crowd of people following. The Carabinieri (state police) came out and all had their pictures taken with him. The guy is just plain nuts.

So, as I sit here writing this Blog, my last story sits on my desk. I have a terrible sweet tooth. Doctors tell me not to eat chocolate due to my acid reflux. I am usually pretty good following their rules except for I slip from time to time. There was aMars bar on our catering table and I grabbed it for a quick snack (honest, Dr. Malonzo, that was the first and only one so far). So I kiddingly said to Paul, the American "got any more Mars bars?" I now have a case sitting on my desk, just for me.

Ciao from Pragelato Plan
david

Super Chef


Super Chef with Willetta


Paul the American

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home