Wednesday, March 01, 2006

March 1 - Photos: Rome Day 1 #1

I had a 1 gig memory card and took 741 photos - the card says I can take another 400! I am going to pick a few so you can see some things I saw and experienced. After trying this, I've learned I can only put 4-5 photos to each post so this will take awhile..I may not do all I wanted to.


Left: VaticanCity

2 Right: inside. Most things that look like paintings are really made of mosaics - incredible!

This is one of the smallest cars I saw = a SMART car. It's about the length of a motor scooter. I was told that SWATCH and Mercedes created this years ago. When it didn't sell, SWATCH backed out. Mercedes made a big campaign and it's been selling like crazy since. It is not "street legal" for the US - something to do with it's lights. It is going to be sold in the US at some point. Two ladies on the tour sell scooters in Idaho and have written to the company hoping to get the franchaise in their area to sell SMART cars instead of a local Mercedes dealership getting it. The blue panels you see can be taken off and exchanged for other colored panels. They say it did very well in the crash tests. Right now is $16,000 US. We found toy models of these cars so many of us bought them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home