Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Black Sea Expedition


As we didn't have Internet hook-up until Yesterday, and yesterday was a LONG day, I didn't get a chance to get anything on the Blog until now. But, dear Readers, I've been keeping a log.......

So, here we go,

Friday May 12, 2006

I new the adventure had begun as soon as we checked in at the airport. I had been given the task of bringing two High Definition Tape decks with me (Pictured above). They each weighed 125 lbs between case and tape deck. When the woman from the check-in counter asked if we could remove at least 30 lbs from each case, I knew we were in trouble. Fortunately, the courier the Institute for Exploration has been using is a ten minute drive from the airport. We made our flight, but empty handed. I was traveling with Todd Gregory (one of the Hercules pilots and designer) and John Howland (a code writer for the software that made every piece of equipment on Hercules and Argus talk to each other).

After our 7 hour flight to Frankfurt, (wait a minute)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home