Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Day 30 - The Sea of Crete

Saturday June 10, 2006

We've dropped the Big Guy and his Little Friend (That's Hercules and Argus, MAN am I tired). Let's see 8 days. 8 days and I'll be home. Won't that be nice. Yep, 192 Hours. That's a mere 11,520 Minutes. It's been 30 days, I'm really ready to come home. Has it only been a minute since I started this blog? Oh, boy.

I would have to say that the accomidations may be small on the Endeavor, but it's a good ship. The food is good, they just refilled their freezers in Istanbul (two weeks ago), I'm sure I've gained weight with all of the Chicken Parm, steak and pizza dinners, let alone the omelets for breakfast. And then there is the 9:44 am muffins that Mike (the steward) bakes every morning. Did I mention that the vent from the kitchen dumps into the Control Van, and I'm on duty at 9:44 am? (*burp) Excuse me! The food comes from a freezer, but it's not brown. None of the lettuce has gone bad (of course it's all iceberg lettuce), the fruit has gone off, but they still have canned stuffs.

I've read 5 books since getting on board ship. Watched 10 movies. We've had random Halo and Halo 2 tournaments between 6 of the pilots and myself on the big 50" screens on the two ship's decks (I'm glad I brought my X-Box!). I've watched 30 sunsets from aboard ship. Here's one of my favorites:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home