Friday, June 16, 2006

Day 32 through 34 - Back to Echo

Monday - Wednesday June 12 - 14, 2006

We've checked all of our targets, and we're back to Echo. It is about as boring as watching paint dry on growing grass. It's boring. So, I'll cop-out (because I can), and tell a quick tale.

One of the neat things that happens while we're out here is have some fun with science. Usually people bring styrofoam coffee cups, draw on them, and then shrink them by placing them on the ROVs and once they've gone down to deep depths all the air pockets are broken inside the cups, and they get really small.

My sister, Diane, is the leader of a Girl Scout troop in Barrington, NH. She had her Girl Scouts draw on some cups and I brought them with me to shrink. On one of the dives, Argus and Hercules went to 2000 meters (over a mile) under the sea.

Before:

After:You can just barely see my travel coffee mug in the top photo.

Pretty cool stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home