Monday, January 29, 2007

Super Bowl, Day 6

We've gotten an influx of people here today. I'm not sure when people will stop coming, probably around the 5th (You know, AFTER the Super Bowl is over!).
Any way, there are now 10 Trucks in the compound:
NEP's Super Shooter 24 (Shortened to SS24) A Truck
NEP's SS24 B
NEP's SS24 C
NEP's Denali
NEP's ESU
NCP's VIII
Corplex's Platinum
Corplex's Mercury
Bexel
AMV Cinetour

The NEP SS24's 3 Trucks are here to produce the actual football game
NCP is here for the Pre-Game and Post-Game shows
NEP's Denali is here for the Half-Time (Prince-who?)
Corplex is here for Tape release. That means there are so many tape machines in this show, CBS brought an ENTIRE truck!
Bexel's truck is an edit truck for the Pre-Game show
Cinetour is an edit truck for the Game show
And NEP's ESU is a truck filled with DAs and a massive router.

A DA is short for Distribution Amplifier. It turns one signal into many signals, without affecting the quality of the signal.

I'm in ESU. This is where I'm sitting for the next week. I have all the different truck's video and audio feeds coming to me, which I can watch, all at once. And I distribute them to the transmission paths out of here. It's all very confusing. So don't worry about the details. Just know: It's a big show.

brian and dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home