Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl Morning

Well, the day started poorly. I was in the shower when my cell phone rang.....typcial. Brian had called and when I called him back, he said there was no power in the tv compound as the generator went down. Typically, large events like this, the networks will go with their own power instead of house power. Bad choice this time. Brian started calling all of the technical management while I was contacting my boss. We could not drive in as there was a bus service to take the crew in from the hotels. I was able to grab a ride from one of these managers so I didn't have to wait for the bus. As he was panicked, he zoomed (60 MPH) past Brian's hotel before I could say anything. We are 20 minutes away but needed to be on site to coordinate the re-powering of all of the equipment. TV equipment and computers don't take well to the loss of power or voltage variations. Crossed fingers as to if anything burned up or just broke with this loss of power. We got the power turned back on and we started bringing up the equipment. Despite the loss of one function, all of my equipment came back up. Just as I was giving a sigh of relief, the power went out again. Something had happened within the generator system that just shut the generators down, completely. I went for a bagel.

We got power back again and re-established all of my equipment with no issues. Production was able to start doing their inserts and all seems to be well.....for now.

Brian has been running around taking care of transmission and will be on later today.

david and brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home