Friday, March 23, 2007

March Madness

Now that Brian is finished with his expedition, it is my turn to write about our next adventure; March Madness. Every March in to April, there is the ritual of bringing of the clans (colleges) together to kick the stuffing out of each other to claim the right of the best in college hoops. And every year, CBS calls together all of their road warriors to go to these exotic lands to bring these games in to your homes. And every year, we all go kicking and screaming in to these exotic lands to accomplish this feat. My first exotic land for round 1 and 2 was Winston-Salem. Now there is an exotic locale! And round 1 is always fun because we get to have a very long day doing 4 games in a row. Starting at 8:30a and going to over midnight is a very long, boring day. Then there is the "dark day" where we re-set all of our graphics and video inserts before the round 2 games begin. The day isn't as long but we did finish around 11:30p, get back to the hotel, get 4 hours of sleep to jump on a plane to go home the next morning. I know Brian and I have explained this before but if anyone ever says to me, "God, you have such a glamorous life", I will choke them within an inch of their life! Where is the glamor when you fly in to a city, drive to the game venue, get in to a tv truck that is parked next to either a porta-john or a dumpster, or both, do the game, go to the hotel, get 4 hours of sleep to run to the airport to go home. I really don't see the glamor there but some do. And the "you are so lucky going to all of these sports events" again, Brian and I do not like sports....never did. Even my son-in-law, Phil, says when I told his daughter that I read a book while Super Bowl was going on, "that just isn't right!"

This week for round 3 and 4 (Sweet 16 and Elite 8 (where do they get these names???)) I am in another garden spot, The Meadowlands. We are parked down in the bowels of Continental Arena with some ooze coming out of the walls running in a stream next to my truck. The air is foul down there, it is dark, the ooze glows in the dark (not really) and I am scared for my life....not really either....just sounds better. Our first games are tonight so that we can re-set on Saturday to do Sunday's Elite 8 game. I will not post anything else until Brian does join me in Atlanta for The Final Four.

david/brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home